TaoTronics Ice Maker
The TaoTronics countertop nugget ice maker is a great affordable alternative to the Opal countertop nugget ice maker.
Let’s have a look at all the specs and review the machine in-depth!
Table of Contents
Taotronics Nugget Ice Maker Review
The Taotronics Nugget Ice Maker for countertop is a great “bank for buck” nugget ice maker.
It’s actually one of the cheapest Nugget Ice Maker on this list, but it measures up extremely well against other, far more expensive nugget ice makers.
Users were very pleased with the quality of the ice, its sleek design, and its low volume production. The latter is especially noteworthy as most ice makers are pretty loud.
In addition, people commented on the ease of cleaning, as this portable nugget ice maker has its own cleaning cycle. You simply have to press the clean button for 3 seconds and it will start a 5-minute cycle.
The only downside with this ice maker is that it’s pretty big, and installation takes some time. Although the instructions are clear, you won’t be able to use it right away as you have to let it settle for 2 hours and also start a clean cycle before use.
However, at this price point, users weren’t bothered in the slightest by the cons as the Taotronics Nugget ice Maker provides so much value for your money.
Unfortunately, the Taotronics Nugget Ice Maker is not available at the moment, therefore I would recommend the Frigidaire (if you want the best price) or the GE Opal (if you want the best value).
You could also opt for a small portable ice maker if you want to keep costs as low as possible.
TaoTronics Nugget Ice Maker Detailed Specs
|Item Weight||40.5 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||16.7 x 9.5 x 16.7 inches|
|Item model number||TT-IC001|
|Color||Stainless Steel Wrap with Gray Accents & LED Lighting|
|Connector Type||Portable Ice Maker; Self Contained|
|Door Material Type||Plastic|
|Ice storage||3.3 Pounds|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel, Plastic|
|Included Components||TaoTronics Icemaker, Ice Scoop|
Get the “good ice” normally only available at restaurants right from your kitchen counter with this nugget ice maker. The pebbly-looking ice has a nice airy texture making it a joy to chew after they have soaked up your favorite beverage.
- A Chewable Joy: The crunchy nugget ice pairs well with soft drinks; the pellet ice retains the flavors of the beverage, so you have a tasty treat to chew. For anyone who enjoys an icy beverage, nugget ice may be your new go-to cocktail companion
- Nugget Ice Fast: Compared to standard tough ice cubes, nugget ice is soft and airy to chew on; the soft ice maker generates nugget ice that you can enjoy in just 18mins, producing 26lbs per day, and the bin holds 3.3lbs at a time
- Auto Water Refill: Nugget ice making is hassle-free when you connect the machine to the water supply to refill when the reservoir is empty (add water manually if you don’t want to connect to the plumbing)
- Countertop Unit: Measures a compact 16.7 x 9.5 x 16.7 inches; the pellet ice maker machine fits perfectly on most counters at home and even in an office
- Clean with Ease: Press the “CLEAN” button for 3s to start a 5min cleaning cycle to flush clean water through system, clean ice bin with diluted detergent manually
- Satisfied Service: We provide one-year warranty service. If there are any issues, please feel free to ask us for help. Note: Please kindly put the ice maker upright for at least 24 hours before using it
Unfortunately the Taotronics nugget ice maker isn’t available at the moment, but you can take a look at the comparison chart above to see how the other nugget ice makers on the list measure up against each other.
As you can see, the GE Profile Opal, Frigidaire and KBice nugget ice makers came out on top of the list. On the other hand, the Scotsman UN0815A-1 and HID525A-1 and the NewAir countertop Nugget Ice Makers came out at the bottom.
However, you can take a look at each individual review for yourself. You might value some features higher than others which means you could have a totally different choice for “best nugget ice maker”!
As I said before, the Taotronics nugget ice maker is simply a great alternative to the GE profile opal if budget plays a big role in your decision-making. You might not get the best design or many other fancy bells and whistles, but it still produces large amounts of high-quality nugget ice, which is most important!
Check the other reviews on my homepage!