Frigidaire Nugget Ice Maker
The Frigidaire EFIC235-AMZ Countertop nugget ice maker is one of the cheapest nugget ice makers out there, but it has one of the highest capacities!
If you’re looking for an affordable countertop nugget ice maker, the Frigidaire EFIC235-AMZ is a great option. It can produce up to 44 pounds of ice per day (allegedly) which makes it a great bank for buck ice machine!
The unit is also Energy Star certified, so it’s environmentally friendly.
Now, let’s have a look at the review!
Table of Contents
Frigidaire Nugget Ice Maker Review
The FRIGIDAIRE EFIC235-AMZ Countertop Nugget Ice Maker is one of the cheapest ice makers on this list, but it still provides a lot of value. That’s why this model came in 4th on our list.
Users were very happy with the high speed of ice production of this ice maker. You’ll be able to enjoy soft, crunchy ice, within 15 minutes. In addition, the portable sonic ice maker is easy to clean and install. People were also pleased with its large water reservoir, which means you won’t have to refill it often. It’s also relatively light which makes it easier to move.
However, some users were a bit annoyed that the water reservoir is on top (and a bit clunky to take off), which could make it a bit of a hassle to refill.
In addition, it’s pretty loud (similar to the other ice makers) and some reported that the melted ice can run out the front and onto the floor instead of back in the reservoir (which is advertised).
Also, the UV light function is very hard to figure out according to quite a few users.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a reasonably priced portable ice maker that creates great-tasting ice (very fast) with a large water reservoir, and you’re willing to overlook some issues, than the FRIGIDAIRE EFIC-235-AMZ is a great option for you.
Frigidaire Nugget Ice Maker Detailed Specs
|Item Weight||19 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12 x 17 x 19 inches|
|Item model number||EFIC235-AMZ|
|Connector Type||Portable Ice Maker; Self Contained|
|Door Material Type||Plastic|
|Ice storage||3 Pounds|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel, Plastic|
|Included Components||Icemaker, Side Tank, Ice Bin, Ice Scoop, and Drip Tray|
• Unique soft, yet crunchy nuggets that float in your favorite beverage
• 10‐15 minutes to first nugget of ice
• Ice shape: chewable square crunchy nuggets
• Compact countertop design plugs into any electrical outlet at home and can come with you to your next camping or tailgating party ‐ the perfect size for any countertop in your home
• Quick and powerful
• No water hookup required, just plug it into any 115v grounded (standard) electrical outlet and fill the reservoir with water
• Capacity: holds up to 3 lbs. (2.5 quarts) in ice basket
• Produces up to 44 lbs. Of ice in a day
• Operating temperature range f‐50 to 104
• Unit size is 11.65” x 16.93” x20.87”
- COUNTERTOP SIZE: With it’s elegant design, the EFIC235 will wow your guests before they even try the delicious ice it makes. Well sized for any countertop in your home.
- QUICK & POWERFUL: Within only 15 minutes, you’ll be enjoying soft, crunchy ice, just like the ice you love from your favorite restaurant.
- PORTABLE: Compact countertop design plugs into any electrical outlet at home and can come with you to your next camping or tailgate. No water hookup required!
- HIGH CAPACITY: Produces 44 lbs. of ice per day, and the bin holds 3 lbs. at a time.
- AUTOMATIC: As ice melts, the water returns to the reservoir, where it will simply be made back into more ice.
If you want to see how the Frigidaire Nugget Ice maker measures up against the other nugget ice makers that I have reviewed, take a look at the comparison chart above.
The nugget ice maker created by Frigidaire is rated as the “best price” deal. Next on the list is the KBice nugget ice maker which is a super user-friendly ice maker. The Nugget Ice maker that is rated directly above the Frigidaire is the Opal Ice Machine, so do check out that review!
If we look at the specs, the Frigidaire ice maker is able to measure up against other far more expensive pellet ice makers. So, it’s definitely worth it if you have some budget constraints.
Check the other ice maker reviews on my homepage!