Freestanding and Undercounter Nugget Ice Makers
Are you looking to produce massive amounts of nugget ice each day, and the regular countertop nugget ice machines just won’t cut it?
Then you might want to opt for a freestanding or under-counter nugget ice maker. These beasts will allow you to produce enough nugget ice for a small village.
Let’s have a look at the top-rated models!
Table of Contents
What are Freestanding Nugget Ice Makers?
Freestanding nugget ice makers are bigger, more powerful variants of the countertop nugget ice makers. As the name implies, these ice machines are usually places beside the countertop or refrigerator, standing freely (due to their size and weight).
Freestanding nugget ice makers are almost always exclusively used for commercial use. It kind of makes sense… I mean… who needs to make over 300 pounds of ice a day for private use!?
What are Undercounter Nugget Ice Makers?
Undercounter nugget ice makers are slightly bigger than the countertop models as well, although usually a bit smaller than the freestanding variants. As the name implies, the under-counter ice machines are usually kept under the counter.
Similar to the freestanding models, they are able to produce more ice than the countertop models due to their bigger size and power.
Top Rated Freestanding and Undercounter Nugget Ice Makers
|Item Weight||92.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||23.4 x 14.6 x 32.6 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||DI50PA|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel|
|Included Components||Commercial Ice Maker|
- LARGE ICE PRODUCTION AND STORAGE – Produces up to 65 pounds of clear restaurant quality slab ice cubes per day; each ice cube measures 3/4in x 3/4in x 1in and is clear, tasteless, and free from impurities; inside storage bin is removable to be placed on the counter top and stores 25 pounds of ice
- FLEXIBILE INSTALLATION – this ice maker is not a freezer so the ice will melt very slowly and requires use of a drain; includes built-in drain pump for installation almost anywhere a drain is available; leveling legs allow installation on uneven floors; 33.5 inch height and front breathing design allows installation under counters; finished sides let you also use as a freestanding unit
- ENERGY STAR AND COMMERCIAL APPROVALS –Energy efficient components allow this model to meet strict Energy Star guidelines; high quality parts and durable construction make this one of the only ice makers to have both residential and commercial approvals
- STYLISH FEATURES – Bright blue LED lighting elegantly illuminates the interior; reversible stainless steel door with full length handle can be installed to open from the left or right; ice scoop and internal scoop holder mounted on the inside wall
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN – Push button controls are simple and intuitive, set it once and forget it; automatic overflow prevention stops ice production when ice bin is full; automatic cleaning mode is activated with the push of a button
|Ean||0637690789443 , 0608729692218|
|Installation Type||Freestanding , Undercounter , Built-In|
|Item Weight||120.0 pounds|
This compact undercounter Cubelet Ice Maker is the perfect addition to any hotel suite, office breakroom, or residential kitchen.
The C-101BAH-AD is capable of producing approximately 92 lbs of Cubelet style ice cubes per day, and the built-in storage bin will hold up to 20 lbs of ice at a time. The Air-cooled design also features a Front in, front out airflow system that eliminates the need for side and rear clearance.
The shorter height of the C-101BAH-AD complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act, making this one of the most accessible undercounter ice makers on the market. Perfect for fitting into tight spaces. Drain pump not included.
It does come with quite a hefty price tag, so keep that in mind!
|Item Weight||77 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||15 x 24 x 33 inches|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Item model number||UIM-502SS|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Form Factor||Stand Alone|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel|
|Included Components||Ice Maker^Ice Scoop^Water Hose^Drain Hose|
- Makes 50 lbs. of restaurant quality clear ice cubes in 24 hours | Removable storage bin | Door swing reversible
- Product dimensions – 24.5” L x 15” W x 33” H (Add 2” depth with handle installed) | Recommended clearance space – 1” On top, 4” On the back | Approximate ice cube dimension – ¾” x ¾” x 1” | Estimate life span – 5-7 years | Indoor only
- This item is insulated but does not keep the harvested ice frozen | Built-in or freestanding installation (front venting)
- Makes 50 lbs. of restaurant quality clear ice cubes in 24 hours | Stores up to 25 lbs. of ice with auto shut-off when ice bin is full
- Sleek stainless steel door and black cabinet | This item is designed to be plumbed into a water line or to be used with a water filtration system
- Space Saving Design: Only 15” wide, this ice maker can be placed it the tightest locations. Front breathing – No side clearance required for flexible placement.
- Ease of Use: Unit specific QR code for quick access to service manuals, cleaning guides and warranty history. Ergonomic slide back door allows easy access to ice in the bin.
- Power cord, NEMA 5-15P plug, ice scoop and adjustable legs are included for quick and easy installation.
- Reliability: Sealed, maintenance-free bearings for reduced preventative maintenance and long-lasting performance. Stainless steel evaporator and auger for maximum durability. Heavy duty, rust-free front panel and corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy side panels for maximum lifespan 3 Year parts and labor warranty.
- Designed, engineered and assembled in the USA.
- High Production: Produces up to 79 lb (36 kg) per day and stores 36 lb (16 kg), maximizing ice output despite its small footprint
- Maximized production ensures that you can keep up with growing demand for The Original Chewable Nugget Ice.
- Environmentally Friendly: Energy Star certified. Meets US Safe
- Drinking Act low lead requirements. Non-ozone depleting R-134A refrigerant.
The freestanding and undercounter nugget ice maker variants are one of the most powerful ice machines you can buy. These ice makers are built for commercial use, so we wouldn’t recommend buying one for your home (unless you have some kind of unquenchable thirst for nugget ice).
If you don’t need massive amounts of ice each day, it’s better to go with a countertop model or simply try to create nugget ice yourself.
These freestanding and under-counter ice makers do come with a hefty price tag, so keep that in mind!
If you checked the price and did not like what you saw, you might want to opt for a smaller portable ice maker instead.
If you’re looking for a nugget ice maker for residential use, you can check out the home page. It’s filled with reviews, ratings and buying guides!